Now available, once again – Dynamite Hemorrhage #1 fanzine. We put this out the final week of December 2013 but had to stop selling our remaining copies due to a summer-long stint in Norway, which is now over.
Head over here and take a look at the right-hand column to order and pay via Paypal if you’d like a copy of this 68-page behemoth. It’s $7 plus the true shipping cost to get it to you in your country.
(Dynamite Hemorrhage #2 is coming in October 2014 – more bloated and more obsessive than ever)
– An in-depth interview with Chris D., Los Angeles-based punk rock earth-turner, who founded and fronted The Flesh Eaters; ran a pioneering record label called Upsetter; almost released the first Black Flag album; wrote dozens of reviews and helped to edit the seminal Slash magazine; put out his own fanzine with Exene, John Doe & Judith Bell; and much more – all before 1979 was finished. This interview focuses solely on that period of his career
– The first and only retrospective and posthumous interview with SALLY SKULL, a fantastic 1990s all-female Scottish band who made raw, jarring garage punk music with dollops of angularity and dirty pop hooks
– Mail interviews with SEX TIDE and HOUSEHOLD, two current bands working the circuit (Household R.I.P.) who happen to be two of Dynamite Hemorrhage’s very favorites
– Quickie interview with BONA DISH, a recently-resurrected early 80s UK countryside band who are poster children for the rough-hewn, spaced-out DIY sound that we’ve all come to worship from that era and country
– Big retrospective on 1980s and 1990s underground music fanzines (like Damp, Butt Rag, Dagger, Two Hundred Pound Underground etc.) by the editor of Fuckin’ Record Reviews blog
– 60-something record reviews written by Erika Elizabeth and Jay Hinman
– 15-something book reviews by Jay & Erika
– Advertisements from today’s top labels
Won’t you order one today?