I made a compilation for you over on 8Tracks called Authority Complex: Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2015 by DynamiteHemorrhage.
It stays in the vein that the podcast has mostly mined: raw, sub-underground rock music of a lo-fidelity or otherwise challenged bent. 18 tracks, all available to stream right now over here.
THE COOLIES – Scorpio 10
HONEY RADAR – Niacin Man
CCTV – Paranoia
LITHICS – Lizard
RAW PONY – Bo Diddley
RAYS – Model or You?
MANSION – Fleshed Out
CALAMARI GIRLS – All The Celbrities
BENT – Skeleton Man
LIME CRUSH – Graveyard
CONSTANT MONGREL – The Law
URANIUM CLUB – The Collector
WET BLANKETS – No Carrots
ERASE ERRATA – History of Handclaps
PSYCHIC SOVIETS – Authority Complex
POLIO CLUB – Light as a Feather
PARKAY QUARTS – Pretty Machines
DANCE ASTHMATICS – Liquid Lunch
I made a new mix you might be interested in listening to on 8Tracks. It’s a smorgasbord of 17 tracks from the first 7 months of 2014, all favorites here at the DH home offices.
- THE NOTS – Fix
- ROACHCLIP – Cast of Clowns
- CCTV – Mind Control
- THE COOLIES – God Take Me
- PANG – Relax
- PROPER ORNAMENTS – Step Into The Cold
- MEN OH PAUSE – Concrete Woman
- PIECE WAR – Call On Me
- COLD BEAT – UV
- DARK MATTER – Dark Matter
- APACHE DROPOUT – Heavy Window
- WET BLANKETS – TV Suicide
- GOOD THROB – Double White Denim
- USELESS EATERS – Dungeon
- WOLF GIRL – Good for Nothing
- EASTLINK – What a Silly Day (Australia Day)
- TRICK MAMMOTH – Week End
Stream Cast of Clowns by DynamiteHemorrhage.
Brain-Erasing Dub, Volume 1 by DynamiteHemorrhage.
I’ve made a mix for you of some of the heaviest, most tripped-out brain erasers from my collection of 70s dub. It’s a passion that waxes and wanes for me, and is most definitely waxing right now. I made this one several years ago for myself, and am working on a second volume now.
You can stream it right now over on my 8Tracks page, along with 15 other mixes I’ve put together.
YOU’VE GOT THE RUNAROUND -Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2013
I made an online mixtape over at 8tracks of 28 of my favorite things that came out in 2013. If you’ve listened at all to the podcast we put together every couple of weeks, there’s a pretty good chance you’ve heard many of these righteous tunes, but you might wish to hear them again, right?
I think it’s fair to say that it was a “good year” for music, as years go. This mix is ample proof.
Listen to “You’ve Got The Runaround – Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2013”
I’ve made a new 8Tracks mix of some of the best rocknroll music from the past twelve months. I hope you’ll join me over there and listen to “REFLEX ON YOU”. It’s 17 of the most raw and exciting tracks from the year past, from wild sub-underground artpunk to garage noise to bent pop music. You’ll hear humdingers from Constant Mongrel, Priests and Spray Paint, among many others.
- CONSTANT MONGREL – Reflex
- PRIESTS – Radiation
- UV RACE – Life Park
- EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS – Dark Water
- THE SLEAZE – Too Close To Home
- PARQUET COURTS – Smart Aleck Kid
- THE WIMPS – Hello Frustration
- SPRAY PAINT – Spock Fingers
- LANTERN – Strange Weather
- RAW PRAWN – None Left
- KELLY STOLTZ – Double Exposure
- PRISSY CLERKS – Death Wish
- WHITE FENCE – Trouble is Trouble Never Seen
- FREELOVE FENNER – Vicky’s Day
- COLLEEN GREEN – You’re So Cool
- BURNT ONES – Strawberry Tomb
- VERONICA FALLS – Timeless Melody
Stream the mix here – mobile or web is fine.
HELLO NEW PUNKS
Random punk/garage/artwave junk. 60s to 00s.
Art by Roland Topor.
1. The Moderates – Yes To The Neutron Bomb (UK, 1980)
2. Star Club – Hello New Punks (Japan, 1984)
3. Rondos – Syphilips (Netherlands, 1980)
4. Fireworks – Murdered Model (US, 1996)
5. Rhinoceros – Yankees & Commies (?, 1985)
6. Helen Keller – Surfin’ With Steve And E.D. Amin (US, 1980)
7. Kronstadt Uprising – Invasion (UK, 1981)
8. Regulations – Sex With Jesus (Sweden, 2005)
9. Special Affects – I Know Ah Girl (US, 1979)
10. ESG – Erase You (US, 1991)
11. Blank Its – Master Intellectual (US, 2004)
12. Liimanarina – Piitles (Finland, 1989)
13. Null Set – Times Out (US, 1983)
14. The Naffis – Slice Two (UK, 1979)
15. The Mice – Crystal Silence (US, 1986)
16. The Last Word – Sleepy Hollow (US, 1966?)
17. Sparks – The Decline And Fall Of Me (US, 1982)
18. Strangulated Beatoffs – Broken Nose (US, 1990)
The best music mixologist on 8Tracks has another new whopper. This will be the soundtrack to my March 28th, 2013.
I wrote up a guide to essential music apps for you iPhone users who, you know, listen to music & stuff. Perhaps you’ve heard of Spotify and Soundcloud, but may I please introduce you to FlickTunes, 8Tracks, iCrates and Bandcamper?
The Hedonist Jive Guide To Music Apps