I made a compilation for you over on 8Tracks called Authority Complex: Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2015 by DynamiteHemorrhage.
It stays in the vein that the podcast has mostly mined: raw, sub-underground rock music of a lo-fidelity or otherwise challenged bent. 18 tracks, all available to stream right now over here.
THE COOLIES – Scorpio 10
HONEY RADAR – Niacin Man
CCTV – Paranoia
LITHICS – Lizard
RAW PONY – Bo Diddley
RAYS – Model or You?
MANSION – Fleshed Out
CALAMARI GIRLS – All The Celbrities
BENT – Skeleton Man
LIME CRUSH – Graveyard
CONSTANT MONGREL – The Law
URANIUM CLUB – The Collector
WET BLANKETS – No Carrots
ERASE ERRATA – History of Handclaps
PSYCHIC SOVIETS – Authority Complex
POLIO CLUB – Light as a Feather
PARKAY QUARTS – Pretty Machines
DANCE ASTHMATICS – Liquid Lunch
I made a new mix you might be interested in listening to on 8Tracks. It’s a smorgasbord of 17 tracks from the first 7 months of 2014, all favorites here at the DH home offices.
- THE NOTS – Fix
- ROACHCLIP – Cast of Clowns
- CCTV – Mind Control
- THE COOLIES – God Take Me
- PANG – Relax
- PROPER ORNAMENTS – Step Into The Cold
- MEN OH PAUSE – Concrete Woman
- PIECE WAR – Call On Me
- COLD BEAT – UV
- DARK MATTER – Dark Matter
- APACHE DROPOUT – Heavy Window
- WET BLANKETS – TV Suicide
- GOOD THROB – Double White Denim
- USELESS EATERS – Dungeon
- WOLF GIRL – Good for Nothing
- EASTLINK – What a Silly Day (Australia Day)
- TRICK MAMMOTH – Week End
Stream Cast of Clowns by DynamiteHemorrhage.
Brain-Erasing Dub, Volume 1 by DynamiteHemorrhage.
I’ve made a mix for you of some of the heaviest, most tripped-out brain erasers from my collection of 70s dub. It’s a passion that waxes and wanes for me, and is most definitely waxing right now. I made this one several years ago for myself, and am working on a second volume now.
You can stream it right now over on my 8Tracks page, along with 15 other mixes I’ve put together.
YOU’VE GOT THE RUNAROUND -Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2013
I made an online mixtape over at 8tracks of 28 of my favorite things that came out in 2013. If you’ve listened at all to the podcast we put together every couple of weeks, there’s a pretty good chance you’ve heard many of these righteous tunes, but you might wish to hear them again, right?
I think it’s fair to say that it was a “good year” for music, as years go. This mix is ample proof.
Listen to “You’ve Got The Runaround – Dynamite Hemorrhage’s Best of 2013”
I’ve made a new 8Tracks mix of some of the best rocknroll music from the past twelve months. I hope you’ll join me over there and listen to “REFLEX ON YOU”. It’s 17 of the most raw and exciting tracks from the year past, from wild sub-underground artpunk to garage noise to bent pop music. You’ll hear humdingers from Constant Mongrel, Priests and Spray Paint, among many others.
- CONSTANT MONGREL – Reflex
- PRIESTS – Radiation
- UV RACE – Life Park
- EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS – Dark Water
- THE SLEAZE – Too Close To Home
- PARQUET COURTS – Smart Aleck Kid
- THE WIMPS – Hello Frustration
- SPRAY PAINT – Spock Fingers
- LANTERN – Strange Weather
- RAW PRAWN – None Left
- KELLY STOLTZ – Double Exposure
- PRISSY CLERKS – Death Wish
- WHITE FENCE – Trouble is Trouble Never Seen
- FREELOVE FENNER – Vicky’s Day
- COLLEEN GREEN – You’re So Cool
- BURNT ONES – Strawberry Tomb
- VERONICA FALLS – Timeless Melody
Stream the mix here – mobile or web is fine.
HELLO NEW PUNKS
Random punk/garage/artwave junk. 60s to 00s.
Art by Roland Topor.
1. The Moderates – Yes To The Neutron Bomb (UK, 1980)
2. Star Club – Hello New Punks (Japan, 1984)
3. Rondos – Syphilips (Netherlands, 1980)
4. Fireworks – Murdered Model (US, 1996)
5. Rhinoceros – Yankees & Commies (?, 1985)
6. Helen Keller – Surfin’ With Steve And E.D. Amin (US, 1980)
7. Kronstadt Uprising – Invasion (UK, 1981)
8. Regulations – Sex With Jesus (Sweden, 2005)
9. Special Affects – I Know Ah Girl (US, 1979)
10. ESG – Erase You (US, 1991)
11. Blank Its – Master Intellectual (US, 2004)
12. Liimanarina – Piitles (Finland, 1989)
13. Null Set – Times Out (US, 1983)
14. The Naffis – Slice Two (UK, 1979)
15. The Mice – Crystal Silence (US, 1986)
16. The Last Word – Sleepy Hollow (US, 1966?)
17. Sparks – The Decline And Fall Of Me (US, 1982)
18. Strangulated Beatoffs – Broken Nose (US, 1990)
The best music mixologist on 8Tracks has another new whopper. This will be the soundtrack to my March 28th, 2013.
I wrote up a guide to essential music apps for you iPhone users who, you know, listen to music & stuff. Perhaps you’ve heard of Spotify and Soundcloud, but may I please introduce you to FlickTunes, 8Tracks, iCrates and Bandcamper?
The Hedonist Jive Guide To Music Apps
It’s not easy curating a definitive selection of the best sub-underground, late 70s UK 45s and comp tracks from the heyday of do-it-yourself record making, but I’ve put together a start. I’ve culled my newest 8Tracks mix, “SUB-UNDERGROUND UK DIY” from multiple sources: the “Instant Pop Classics” comps, various internet downloads, “Messthetics” and my own collection. Just like the compilation I posted yesterday of female-fronted riot grrl/garage punk, it’s available right now to listen to on computers, smartphones and tablets.
Outside of the fairly-well-known (such as it is) DIY pioneers like The Desperate Bicycles and Animals & Men, most acts on here are ultra-obscure and maybe only lasted for one 45 or a couple of compilation tracks, sometimes only on cassette. 23 tracks in all. Most given to that tinny, experimental, slipshod and faraway sound that characterizes the best of the best of this posthumously-defined genre.
Come listen to "SUB-UNDERGROUND UK DIY" here.
- DESPERATE BICYCLES – Smokescreen
- ANIMALS & MEN – Don’t Misbehave In The New Age
- MIDNIGHT CIRCUS – The Hedonist Jive
- I JOG & THE TRACKSUITS – Redbox
- DEVIL DYKES – Fruitless
- BEYOND THE IMPLODE – Lassitude
- STEVE TREATMENT – Danger Zone
- METROPAK – OK Let’s Go
- SCISSOR FITS – I Don’t Want To Work For British Airways
- BONA DISH – Mutation
- DESPERATE BICYCLES – The Medium Was Tedium
- ANOREXIA – I’m a Square
- DANNY & THE DRESSMAKERS – Don’t Make Another Bass Guitar Mr. Rickenbacker
- THE PETTICOATS – Normal
- REFLECTIONS – 4 Countries
- SCRITTI POLITTI – Is & Ought The Western World
- SUBVERSE – Chance Romance
- TRONICS – Shark Fucks
- BEARZ – She’s My Girl
- ANOREXIA – Pets
- BASE – One Way Girl
- GERRY & THE HOLOGRAMS – Gerry & The Holograms
- WAVIS O’SHAVE – Mauve Shoes Are Awful
Here’s my latest mix up on 8Tracks called CHICK HABIT. It’s a collection of female-fronted masterpieces from the modern age, including stuff from the 60s, 70s, 90s and hell, even 2012. Everything’s got a little bit of harmony, a little bit of dirt, and a girl or a woman in the lead vocal position. Examples include Sally Skull, World of Pooh and Holly Golightly. Fall in love all over again.
- SALLY SKULL – Running Kind
- THE WENDY DARLINGS – Get Up
- WORLD OF POOH – Strip Club
- PAMELA – I’m Nobody (Cold Shoulders)
- HOLLY GOLIGHTLY – I Can’t Be Trusted
- NORMA TRACY & THE CINDERELLA KIDS – Skateboard
- CRACK UND ULTRA ECZEMA – Buddy’s a Good Boy
- LOVE IS ALL – Motorboat
- LORETTE VELVETTE – Boys Keep Swinging
- THE COATHANGERS – Bury Me
- GAZE – So Early To Tell
- LES CALAMITES – Le Supermarche
- LUSH – Hey Hey Helen
- THE GORLS – Tracie
- THE NIXE – You Say
- THE SCHOOL – I Wouldn’t Know What To Do
- LINDA LAINE – Low Grades & High Fever
- HABIBI – Far From Right
- DETECTIVE AGENCY – Daggers
- APRIL MARCH – Chick Habit
- NANCY SINATRA – You Only Live Twice
I’m still charmed and chastened by the amount of really fantastic music that comes out every month. You’d think the fount of rock and pop music would have run totally bone dry by now, right? You’d be wrong. Here are 21 modern assertions to the contrary, put together by me, for you, and available to listen on 8Tracks via your computer or mobile telephone. Just about everything came out in 2012, with maybe a song or two that I discovered in the past few months that came out a little earlier. You’re cool with that, I’m hoping.
Take a listen to “DISCONNECT YOURSELF” right here and let me know how much it’s enriching your life.
1. CRASH NORMAL – Moon Food
2. USELESS EATERS – Daft Love
3. SWEARIN’ – Hundreds & Thousands
4. PRINZHORN DANCE SCHOOL – Usurper
5. CHAPTER 24 – Spindle
6. THE BLACK LIPS – Raw Meat
7. HABIBI – Sweetest Talk
8. PSYCHIC FELINE – White Walls
9. THEE OH SEES – Flood’s New Light
10. EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING – That Time of Day
11. PAMELA – Coffin (Nails)
12. APACHE DROPOUT – Archie’s Army
13. JOYRIDE! – Person Place or Thing
14. TERRY MALTS – Disconnect
15. DEAD ANGLE – Why Don’t You
16. PARQUET COURTS – Borrowed Time
17. SIGHTLINES – Beautiful Girl
18. WHITE FENCE – Growing Faith
19. FLOWERS – Cut & Run
20. USELESS EATERS – Year 11
21. WEED HOUNDS – Beach Bummed