Yea, it’s November 2014 and the tactile engagement of Fuckin’ Record Reviews #1: The Print Edition – originally advertised for October 2014 – remains confined to the digital realm. Confusion and delay? Worry not Sir Topham Hatt, we are working feverishly to complete this thing and print it on 100% recycled paper before the 2016 election. In fact, we are 64% done (up from 61% last Tuesday), but just like everyone else, we occasionally get stuck between the buttons of procrastination and daydream nation and consequently…it’s proceeding a bit more slowly than hoped.
- Things done to periodically knock my eye off the prize include…
- posting Stretch Heads pix at Now Paying
- rewatching the BBC Synth Brittania doc on YouTube (this has been mentioned previously)
- making out with my pillow
- firing off daily missives at this here FRR tumblr
- enjoying vidz of Mike Wolf’s dog DOMINATING in the park (by the way she’s real, and she’s spectacular)
- Pampers like 72 times since September…2014 USA tour starts next week
- sorting hand sanitizer bottles by color
- omg – rathausrathaus and brainplan records!
- fancying it possible be au courant
- rehearsing the perfect personal intro to belakoe at Anyway Records Night last month
- devouring the Popwatch zines Leslie Gaffney sent (thanx!)
- saying “Alan Licht” out loud more times in a row than any other human for the world record
- organizing Lee Noble selections from best to bestest
- reshuffling our guesses for super secret guest entires into the Death By Audio lottery
- concocting several non alignment pacts
- Best Reasons To Write A Fuckin’ Record Review Today
- how many people are in the Gizmos anyway?
- Thomas Storck at WFMU….real or unreal?
- writing this post…
- Several changes have taken place that render the advertisement above obsolete. As you might’ve heard, our brother Tony Rettman got signed by Monument Records to annotate the lost recordings of Barefoot Jerry and we wish him well. He may visit with us in FRR #1: TPE, but we hope to see him return to his Hardcore in Silhouette status by 2015.
- Since we last wrote, New York Observer’s Vicky Wheeler has dedicated her life to figuring out how to be the sixth member of Wussy, and of course we wish her well. Maybe we’ll see more of her in 2015. We begged her to don’t leave us now, but who can complete with Chuck & Lisa?
- GOOD NEWS: In the stead of those now gone, we’ve tricked urbankill’s Matt T to write like 40-60 fuckin’ record reviews! Jay Hinman called Matt one of the curators of our time, and we are delighted to offer Matt a platform to sink or swim. He’s submitted a dozen or so reviews so far and they really cut the rug.
- We’ve also employed Bela Koe-Krompecher of belakoe krompecher’s blog to write fuckin’ record reviews! Yea, we’re pretty impressed with our networking power too.
- The aforementioned Jay Hinman, recently returned from Norway, has contributed a piece to help us with commuting…
- So…see you soon! In the mean time, dynamitehemorrhage #2 should be out soon and try reading it while listening to cyanidetooth‘s The Whole Tooth & Nothing But …(ever/never – 2014)
WHY THE FUCK we would create more tangible stuff in the future, namely FUCKIN’ RECORD REVIEWS #1: The Print Edition?
Because…VIVE LA RÉSISTANCE!
Svenonius: “In the sleek Apple future, our ‘outdated’ possessions are turned into symbols of poverty…We’re encouraged to lose our possessions…
Meanwhile, those who have hung onto possessions are castigated, jeered at, and painted as fools…This is fine for the cyber elite; they can live as they wish. But why is their ideology impressed on all of us through this shame-based propaganda? Why is the “hoarder” so loathed by the Apple authorities?
Because she is feared.
The record collection or magazine or newspaper might reveal some clue to a social movement or trend or fashion or sensibility that defies their moronic stranglehold on consciousness. A burp of resistance. A clue to a way out. A signal that life doesn’t actually depend on high-speed internet access.”
- We don’t love everything Svenonius belches forth with Chain And The Gang, Cupid Car Club, Felt Letters, Make-Up, Nation Of Ulysses, Scene Creamers and Weird War, but now and again we can get down.
- We are aligned, however, with Svenonius on many matters of thought and we found the linked article All Power To The Pack Rats to be a very worthwhile justification for keeping stuff.
- It also helped us clarify why we would create more stuff in the future, namely FUCKIN’ RECORD REVIEWS #1: The Print Edition – because we’re fighting the powers that be!
- Of course, we recognize Fuckin’ Record Reviews utilizes the internet in an obvious fashion, but if our print version – which, by the way, we will not be posting to the tumblr (for the most part) – offers one burp of resistance, then good on us and our collaborators.
- Why do it? Now you know. Now we know. HEY! HO! LET’S GO!
Announcing our second year of Fuckin’ Record Reviews with…
FUCKIN’ RECORD REVIEWS #1
- Print Edition – numbered,
- many, many pages
- eye popping grafix
- might be a total wreck…but it *will* be!
- (you only have yourselves to blame)