I’ve put together another digital mix tape for you over on 8Tracks. This one’s a collection of some of the more bruising 1960s garage-based punk rock, and I’m calling it STONEAGE TESTOSTERONE. 17 tracks, some taken from old bootleg vinyl comps in my collection, others from “Back From The Grave” CDs. All immensely killer, with a complete and utter dearth of filler.
- SPLIT ENDS – Rich With Nothing
- LA-DE-DA’s – How Is The Air Up There?
- TY WAGNER WITH THE SCOTCHMEN – I’m a No-Count
- MYRCHENTS – Indefinite Inhibition
- THINGS TO COME – I’m Not Talkin’
- MURPHY & THE MOB – Born Loser
- SHAMES – My World is Upside Down
- AVENGERS – Be a Caveman
- ESQUIRES – Judgment Day
- PAUL BEARER & THE HEARSEMEN – I’m Been Thinking
- THE WYLD – Goin’ Places
- CAVE MEN – It’s Trash
- THE LYRICS – They Can’t Hurt Me
- THE SPIDERS – Don’t Blow Your Mind
- MONTELLS – You Can’t Make Me
- SAVOYS – Can It Be
- AMBERJACKS – Hey Eriq!
Listen in your car, if you’ve got one of those newfangled hookups, with the free 8Tracks app for iOS or Android as well. Along with Spotify, Soundcloud and Bandcamper, it’s a primary mechanism for how I explore new music in 2012.